If you’re looking to bring your business to the City of London for the first time or want to move to a more suitable City workplace, we’d strongly advise that you contact the City Property Advisory Team (CPAT) within the City of London Corporation.
We’ve helped many businesses find workplaces in the City and City Fringe and you can benefit free-of-charge from our property market knowledge, contacts and ongoing assistance.
To help demystify and simplify the process of finding a City workplace, we’ve teamed up with the Tenant Assistance Program (TAP) – a specialist information provider for commercial property occupiers – to give practical guidance on how to source a City workplace and also deal with common property-related issues.
There are 11 information sheets covering the following topics:
- Your business in the City of London
- What workplace does your business need?
- The advice you should take when sourcing a workplace
- Costs and how to control them
- Searching and short-listing: what do you need, where should you look?
- Structuring your lease so that it suits your business plan
- Fitting out your workplace: how to do it and who can help
- Relocating: planning your move and minimising business disruption
- Planning ahead: how to future-proof your workplace
- ICT: Setting up your ICT infrastructure
- FAQs about locating a business in the City of London
If you’re planning to locate in the City of London, we’d suggest you read through these guidance notes before you start looking for a property.